Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Date of last amendment: 03 June 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT if you register for a course with Varsity Academy, the Student Terms and Conditions will apply too.
PLEASE NOTE THAT if you do not agree to these terms you MUST immediately refrain from accessing this website and using our services.
This document sets out the terms and conditions (“Terms”) of Varsity Academy Proprietary Limited (“Varsity Academy”) pertaining to all access or use and use of the information, products, services and functions provided on www.varsityacademy.co.za (“website”).
Should any person that accesses the Website (“you” or “user” or “users”) disagree with any of the Terms contained herein, you must refrain from accessing the Website and/or using or services.
If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ advance authorisation, permission and consent to be bound by these Terms before purchasing any products or services.
Varsity Academy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend and/or replace any of, or the whole of, the Terms. Such amendments shall supersede and replace any previous Terms and shall be made available on the Website. Each time a user accesses the Website and/or uses the services, the user shall be deemed to have consented, by such access and/or, to the Terms, as amended and/or replaced by Varsity Academy from time to time. If you are not satisfied with the amended Terms, you must refrain from using the Website.
If there is anything in these Terms that you do not understand then please contact us at [email protected] or on +27 021 569 0100. Please note that calls to us are charged at national rates and may be monitored for training, security, quality purposes and other verbal agreements.
Content of the Website
Varsity Academy reserves the right to make improvements, to change or discontinue, without notice, any aspect or feature of the Website and any information or content of the Website.
Varsity Academy reserves the right to change and amend the products, prices and rates quoted on this Website from time to time without notice.
Please note that nothing contained on this Website constitutes an offer, but only an invitation to view our Website and its content, and to enrol in courses offered.
Varsity Academy may use the service(s) of third parties to provide information on the Website. Varsity Academy has no control over this information and makes no representations or warranties of any nature as to its accuracy, appropriateness or correctness. The user agrees that such information is provided ‘as is’ and that Varsity Academy and its online partners shall not be liable for any losses that may arise from the user’s reliance on it, however these may arise.
Varsity Academy makes no representations or warranties, whether implied or expressly, as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information, data and/or content on the Website, except to the extent otherwise stated in relation to your enrolment for a course or as specifically imposed by law. All information on this Website is for personal use only. All use and reliance on content and information provided through this Website will be at your own risk.
Varsity Academy does not warrant that the Website or the information or downloads shall be error-free or that they shall meet any criteria of performance or quality. Varsity Academy expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security or accuracy.
Whilst Varsity Academy has taken all reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the Website and its contents, no warranties, whether express or implied, are given that any files, downloads or application available via the website are free of viruses, or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt, damage or affect the operation of the user’s system. You will be exclusively responsible for any damage caused to your software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data caused as a result of any use of this Website.
Information published on this Website may be done so in the format in which Varsity Academy receives it and statements from external parties are accepted as fact.
Linked Third Party Websites and Third Party Content
Varsity Academy may provide links to third party websites on the Website. These links are provided to the user for convenience purposes only and Varsity Academy does not endorse, nor does the inclusion of any link imply Varsity Academy’s endorsement of such websites, their owners, licensees or administrators or such websites’ content or security practices or operations.
While Varsity Academy tries to provide links only to reputable websites or online providers. Varsity Academy cannot accept responsibility or liability for the information provided on other websites. Linked websites or pages are not under, nor subject to, the control of Varsity Academy. Varsity Academy is not responsible for and gives no warranties or makes any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party or advertised websites on the Website.
You agree that Varsity Academy shall not be held liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the content, the use or inability to use or access any linked website or any link(s) contained in a linked website, nor for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any dealings with, or as a result of the presence of such third party linked websites on the Website. Any dealings that you may have with linked websites, including advertisers, found on the Website, are solely between you and the third party website.
The user hereby agrees that it shall not itself, nor through a third party:
- copy (other than for backup or archival), reproduce, translate, adapt, vary, modify, lease, licence, sub-licence, encumber or in any other way deal with any part of the Website for any reason and in any manner, unless it is consistent with the intent and purpose of these Terms;
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the Website;
- write and/or develop any derivative of the Website or any other software program based on the Website;
- modify or enhance the Website. In the event of a user affecting any modifications or enhancements to the Website in breach of this clause, such modifications and enhancements shall be property of Varsity Academy;
- without Varsity Academy’s prior written consent, provide, disclose, divulge or make available to or permit the use of or give access to the Website by persons other than the user;
- remove any identification, trademark, copyright or other notices from the Website;
- post or transmit, by means of reviews, comments, suggestions, ideas, questions or other information through the Website, any content which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, ob-scene, sexually-explicit, profane or hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content of any kind; and/or
- notwithstanding anything contained to the contrary in these Terms, use the Website for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial and information purposes.
While Varsity Academy takes all reasonable security precautions, no liability will lie for damage caused by the malicious use of this Website or by destructive data or code that is passed on to you through the use of this Website.
In order to ensure the security and reliable operation of the services to all Varsity Academy’s users, Varsity Academy hereby reserves the right to take whatever action it may deem necessary to preserve the security, integrity and reliability of its network and back-office applications.
You may not utilise the Website in any manner which may compromise the security of Varsity Academy’s networks or tamper with the Website in any manner whatsoever, which shall include limitation, gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the Website, or delivering or attempting to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to the Website, all of which is expressly prohibited. Any person or entity which does so, or attempts to do so, shall be held criminally liable. Further, should Varsity Academy suffer any damage or loss, civil damages shall be claimed by Varsity Academy against the user.
Any user who commits any of the offences detailed in Chapter 13 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ETCA”) (specifically sections 85 to 88 (inclusive) shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liability, loss or damages suffered and/or incurred by Varsity Academy and its affiliates, agents and/or partners.
Intellectual Property Rights
For the purpose of this clause, the following words shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all and any of the rights in and to intellectual property of any nature whatsoever owned and/or controlled directly or under licence by Varsity Academy, now or in the future, including without limitation, Varsity Academy’s rights, title and interest in and to all technology, source code/s, trade secrets, logos, systems, methods, trademarks, trade names, styles, insignia, designs, patents and copyright, and all similar proprietary rights which may subsist in any part of the world, whether registered or not.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all content, trademarks, software, data, material, including logos, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, confidential information, designs, agreements, and multimedia works, published on or via the Website (“proprietary material”), are the property of, or are licensed to, Varsity Academy and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties. The contents of this Website may not be transmitted, transcribed, reproduced, stored or translated into any other form without our prior written permission. You are permitted to display the content of this Website on your computer as part of your viewing of the Website only. All copyright infringements must be reported to us at [email protected]
By submitting reviews, comments and/or any other content (other than your personal information) to Varsity Academy for posting on the Website, you automatically grant Varsity Academy and its affiliates a nonexclusive, Royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, translate, sublicense, copy and distribute such content in whole or in part worldwide, and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereinafter developed, for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such content. Subject to this licence, you retain any and all rights that may exist in such content.
All rights not expressly granted are reserved and no right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained in this Website is granted to you.
Except with Varsity Academy’s express written permission, no proprietary material from this Website may be copied or retransmitted.
Irrespective of the existence of copyright, the user acknowledges that Varsity Academy is the proprietor of all material on the Website (except where a third party is indicated as the proprietor), whether it constitutes confidential information or not, and that the user has no right, title or interest in any such material.
Varsity Academy authorises you only to view, copy, temporarily download to a local drive and to print the content of this Website, or any part thereof, provided that such content is used for personal purposes and for information purposes only, and such content is used for non-commercial purposes.
Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”)
By accessing or using the website you agree and acknowledge that you will not use the Website in an unlawful manner or in a manner not approved in terms of these Terms. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets out in detail what forms of conduct Varsity Academy regards as unacceptable on the part of its users and the steps which Varsity Academy may take in response to unacceptable use of its services.
By using this website, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this policy and the terms and conditions it contains, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed to you in connection with the services provided by this website.
Varsity Academy’s online services may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. Varsity Academy prohibits any use of its services including the transmission, storage and distribution of any material or content using Varsity Academy’s network and/or website that violates any law or regulation of the Republic. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any violation of local and international laws prohibiting child pornography, obscenity, discrimination (including racial, gender or religious slurs) and hate speech, or speech designed to incite violence or hatred, or threats to cause bodily harm.
- Any activity designed to defame, abuse, stalk, harass or physically threaten any individual in the Republic or beyond its borders; including any attempt to link to, post, transmit or otherwise distribute any inappropriate or defamatory material.
- Any violation of Intellectual Property laws including material protected by local and international copyright, trademarks and trade secrets.
- Any violation of another’s right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent.
- Any fraudulent activity whatsoever, including dubious financial practices, such as pyramid schemes; the impersonation of another user without their consent; or any attempt to enter into a transaction with Varsity Academy on the behalf of another without their consent
- Any violation of the exchange control laws of the Republic.
- Any activity that results in the sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software.
Threats to Network Security:
Any activity which threatens the functioning, security and/or integrity of Varsity Academy’s network is unacceptable. This includes:
- Any efforts to attempt to gain unlawful and unauthorised access to the network or circumvent any of the security measures established by Varsity Academy for this goal.
- Any effort to use Varsity Academy’s online equipment to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account (“cracking” or hacking”).
- Forging of any TCP/IP packet headers (spoofing) or any part of the headers of an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Any effort to breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any other person’s computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person.
- Any activity which threatens to disrupt the service offered by Varsity Academy through ‘denial of service attacks”; flooding of a network, or overloading a service or any unauthorised probes (“scanning” or “nuking”) of others’ networks.
- Any activity which in any way threatens the security of the network by knowingly posting, transmitting, linking to or otherwise distributing any information or software which contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, malware, botnet or other harmful, destructive or disruptive component.
- Any unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on the network without Varsity Academy’s explicit online written consent.
- Running services and applications with known vulnerabilities and weaknesses, e.g. insufficient anti-automation attacks, any traffic amplification attacks, including recursive DNS attacks, SMTP relay attacks.
- Failing to respond adequately to a denial of service attack (DOS/DDOS).
Spam and Unsolicited Bulk Mail:
Varsity Academy regards all unsolicited bulk email (whether commercial in nature or not) as spam, with the following exceptions:
- Mail sent by one party to another where there is already a prior relationship between the two parties and the subject matter of the message(s) concerns that relationship;
- Mail sent by one party to another with the explicit consent of the receiving party.
- User’s should only receive bulk mail that they have requested and/or consented to receive and/or which they would expect to receive as a result of an existing relationship.
Varsity Academy will take swift and firm action against any user engaging in any of the following unacceptable practices:
- Sending unsolicited bulk mail for marketing or any other purposes (political, religious or commercial) to people who have not consented to receiving such mail.
- Using any part of Varsity Academy’s online infrastructure for the purpose of unsolicited bulk mail, whether sending, receiving, bouncing or facilitating such mail.
- Operating or maintaining mailing lists without the express permission of all receipts listed.
- Failing to promptly remove from lists invalid or undeliverable addresses or addresses of unwilling recipients or a recipient who has indicated s/he wishes to be removed from such list, or failing to provide the receipt with a facility to opt-out.
- Including Varsity Academy’s online name in the header or by listing an IP address that belongs to Varsity Academy in an unsolicited email whether sent through Varsity Academy’s network or not.
Users outside of South Africa:
Where any user resides outside of the Republic, permanently or temporarily, such user will be subject to the laws of the country in which s/he is currently resident and which apply to the user. On presentation of a legal order to do so, or under obligation through an order for mutual foreign legal assistance, Varsity Academy will assist foreign law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of a crime committed using Varsity Academy’s online resources, including the provisioning of all personal identifiable data.
Varsity Academy prohibits users from doing the following on hosting platforms administered by Varsity Academy:
- Running applications that are not production-ready. Any applications on the hosting platform must be optimized with respect to memory usage and must have appropriate data indexing.
- Running applications with inadequate security controls.
- Generating significant side-channel traffic from an application, whether by design or otherwise. Databases should be stored locally, and remote content should be cached.
- Failure to maintain proper “housekeeping” on a shared server including storing and generating useless content, including comment spam, unused cache files, log file and database entries.
- Storing malicious content, such a malware or links to malware.
- Monopolising server resources, including CPU time, memory, network and disk bandwidth.
- Maintaining long-running processes and long-running database queries.
- Storing or running back-door shells, mass mailing scripts, proxy servers, web spiders, phishing content, or peer-to-peer software.
- Sending bulk mail in any form, particularly mail that cannot be efficiently delivered due to volume or incorrect addresses.
- Using poor passwords.
- Sharing security credentials with untrusted parties.
- Running torrents for download or Seed Server.
- Running TOR (or other Online Anonymity Services.)
- Otherwise circumventing the Acceptable Use Policy or intended use of the product.
Protection of Minors:
Varsity Academy prohibits users from using Varsity Academy’s online services to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including but limited to, hosting, processing, disseminating, distributing or transmitting material that is unlawful, including child pornography and cyber bullying.
Varsity Academy prohibits users from using Varsity Academy’s online services to host sexually explicit or pornographic material of any nature.
Privacy and Confidentiality:
You, the user of the website, are responsible for any misuse of Varsity Academy’s online services that occurs through your account. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that unauthorised persons do not gain access to or misuse Varsity Academy’s service.
Varsity Academy urges users to users to not reply to unsolicited mail or “spam”, not to click on any suggested links provided in the unsolicited mail. Doing so, remains the sole responsibility of the user and Varsity Academy cannot be held liable for the users being placed on any bulk mailing lists as a result
Where the user has authorised a minor to use any of Varsity Academy’s online services or access its websites, the user accepts that as the parents/legal guardian of that minor, the user is fully responsible for: the conduct of such minor, controlling the minor’s access to and use of any services or websites, and the consequences of any misuse by the minor.
Complaints relating to any violation of this AUP should be submitted in writing to [email protected] Complaints must be substantiated, and unambiguously state the nature of the problem, and its connection to Varsity Academy’s online network and service.
Action following a breach of the AUP:
Upon receipt of a complaint, or having become aware of an incident, Varsity Academy may, in its sole and reasonably-exercised discretion take any of the following steps:
- In the case of a user breaching the AUP, Varsity Academy will warn the user, suspend the user’s account and/or revoke or cancel the user’s access privileges completely;
- In the case of abuse emanating from a third party, Varsity Academy will inform the third part’s network administrator of the incident and request the network administrator or network owner to address the incident in terms of this AUP and/or the ISPA Code of Conduct (if applicable);
- In severe cases suspend access of the third party’s entire network until abuse can be prevented by appropriate means;
- In all cases, charge the offending parties for administrative costs as well as for machine and human time lost due to the incident;
- Assist other networks or website administrators in investigating credible suspicions of any activity listed in the AUP;
- Institute civil or criminal proceedings;
- Share information concerning the incident with other internet access providers, or publish the information, and/or make available the users’ details to law enforcement agencies; and/or
- Suspend or terminate the Services provided by Varsity Academy.
This policy applies to and will be enforced for intended and unintended (e.g., viruses, worms, malicious code, or otherwise unknown causes) prohibited usage.
Reservation and Non waiver of rights:
Varsity Academy reserves the right to amend or alter this policy at any time, and without notice to the user.
Varsity Academy reserves the right to take action against any individuals, companies or organisations that violate the AUP, or engage in any illegal or unlawful activity while accessing Varsity Academy’s services, to the fullest extent of the law.
Varsity Academy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to act against other types of abuse not listed in the document and to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over Varsity Academy’s network.
Varsity Academy does not waive its right to enforcement of this AUP at any time, or prejudice its right to take subsequent action, should Varsity Academy fail, neglect or elect not to enforce a breach of the AUP at any time,
Risk, Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
The user’s use of this website and the information contained on the website is entirely at the user’s own risk and the user assumes full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use thereof.
The transmission of information via the internet, including without limitation email, is susceptible to monitoring and interception. The user bears all risk of transmitting information in this manner. Under no circumstances shall Varsity Academy be liable for any loss, harm, or damage suffered by the user as a result thereof. Varsity Academy reserves the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted via email and the user consents to such verification should Varsity Academy deem it necessary.
To the extent permissible by law:
Neither Varsity Academy, its affiliates, shareholders, agents, consultants or employees shall be liable for any damages whatsoever, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, howsoever arising (whether in an action arising out of contract, statute, delict or otherwise) related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the content of the website or any functionality thereof, or the information contained on the website, or of any linked website, even if Varsity Academy knows or should reasonably have known or is expressly advised thereof.
The liability of Varsity Academy for faulty execution of the website as well as all damages suffered by the user, whether direct or indirect, as a result of the malfunctioning of the website shall be limited to Varsity Academy rectifying the malfunction, within a reasonable time and free of charge, provided that Varsity Academy is notified immediately of the damage or faulty execution of the website. This liability shall fall away and be expressly excluded if the user attempts to correct or allows third parties to correct or attempt to correct the website without the prior written approval of Varsity Academy. However, in no event shall Varsity Academy be liable to the user for loss of profits or for special, incidental, consequential or punitive losses or damages arising out of or in connection with the website or its use or the delivery, installation, servicing, performance or use of it in combination with other computer software.
You hereby unconditionally and irrevocably indemnify Varsity Academy and agree to hold Varsity Academy free from all loss, damages, claims and/or costs, of whatsoever nature suffered or incurred by Varsity Academy or instituted against Varsity Academy as a direct or indirect result of:
Your use of the website;
Software, programs and support services supplied by, obtained by or modified by you or any third party without the consent or knowledge of Varsity Academy;
Your failure to comply with any of the terms or any other requirements which Varsity Academy may impose from time to time;
The actions or requirements of any telecommunications authority or a supplier of telecommunications services or software; or
Any unavailability of, or interruption in, the service which is beyond the control of Varsity Academy.
Varsity Academy makes no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the content of the website. You expressly waive and renounce all your rights of whatever nature that you may have against Varsity Academy for any LOSS suffered by you, as a result of information supplied by Varsity Academy being incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate.
Your use of our services signifies your consent to us collecting and using your personal information as specified below.
What is personal information? If we refer to “personal information” or “information” in this policy, we mean personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”). It includes, for example, your full name, surname, email address, identity number, contact details, and location.
Collecting your personal information: We collect information about you when you use this website. We may also collect information about you from third parties. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
Third party links on this website: This website may include links to other third party websites which do not fall under our control. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy on these websites.
How we use your information: We use your information to provide a better service to you and generally for purposes of our service.
What information: We generally store and use the following information:
- your first name(s), surname, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, IP address or cookie information, location information, demographic information including your age and gender, information from your browser including your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and any other information which we reasonably need to perform our obligations in terms of the agreement with you when you purchase or use our services.
- When you use our services, we also record the details of your interaction with this website.
Purposes for processing information: We will process adequate and relevant information to:
- perform in terms of our service;
- operate and manage your account;
- monitor and analyse our services provided;
- contact you by email, SMS, or other means to tell you about our products and services (you can always opt out from future marketing);
- form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may interest you;
- carry out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- carry out audits; and
- comply with our regulatory or other obligations
Right to object: You may on reasonable grounds object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its use. Should you wish for us to stop using your personal information, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
Lodging a complaint: If you believe we are using your information unlawfully, please email us at [email protected] so we can investigate the situation.
Varsity Academy will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other website information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could identify you.
Whilst Varsity Academy will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
How can you manage your privacy preferences? If you’d like us to stop processing your information for marketing purposes, please write to us at [email protected]
By subscribing as a user, you agree that you shall hold in the strictest confidence and not disclose to any third party information acquired in connection with any aspect of the products and/or services offered by Varsity Academy. You shall notify Varsity Academy should you discover any loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information.
Any information or material sent to Varsity Academy will be deemed not to be confidential, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the user and Varsity Academy.
Breach or Cancellation by Varsity Academy
Varsity Academy is entitled without notice, in addition to any other remedy available to it at law or under these Terms, including obtaining an interdict, to enforce or cancel these Terms, limit or deny such user use of the Website and services, or to claim specific performance of any obligation whether or not the due date for performance has arrived, in either event without prejudice to Varsity Academy’s right to claim damages, should any user:
- Breach any of these Terms;
- In the sole discretion of Varsity Academy, use the Website in an unauthorised manner; or
- Infringe any statute, regulation, ordinance or law.
Breach of these Terms entitles Varsity Academy to take legal action without prior notice to the user and the user agrees to reimburse the costs associated with such legal action to Varsity Academy on an attorney and own client scale.
Compliance with Section 43(1) of ECT Act
In compliance with section 43(1) of the ECT Act, the following is noted:
Full name: Varsity Academy Proprietary Limited
Main Business: Online Education
Registration number: 2017 / 338367 / 07
Physical Address: 30 Keerom Street, Cape Town, 8001
Telephone number: +27 21 569 0100
Website Address: www.varsityacademy.co.za
Directors: Carolyn Kristal
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Complainants and Disputes Procedure:
You hereby agree to first contact us and attempt to resolve the dispute informally. If your complaint arises from your registration or participation in a course administered through our Websites, the relevant provisions of Students Terms and Conditions shall apply.
All other disputes shall be referred to mediation and, in the event of mediation failing, arbitration under the arbitration laws and rules applicable in the Republic of South Africa, with such arbitration to be held in Cape Town, South Africa, unless otherwise agreed between us.
Please note that the foregoing will not restrict our right to apply to a competent court for relief should our intellectual property rights be violated or threatened, or where otherwise appropriate.
Except explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by email to [email protected]
Notice shall be deemed given 48 (forty eight) hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid.
Alternatively, Varsity Academy may give you notice via registered mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address which you have provided Varsity Academy. In such case, notice shall be deemed given 7 (seven) days after the date of mailing.
You acknowledge that all agreements, notices or other communication required to be given in terms of the law of these Terms may be given via electronic means and that such communications shall be “in writing”. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, a written notice or communication actually received by a party shall be adequate written notice or communication to it, notwithstanding that it was not sent to or delivered at its chosen address(es) for that purpose.
Suspension and/or termination of service: Varsity Academy may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents.
Governing law and jurisdiction: These Terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. If users access this Website from location outside of South Africa, that user is responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any dispute arising between you and Varsity Academy, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
Nothing in this above mentioned paragraph or the Student Terms and Conditions limit your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
Whole agreement: These Terms constitute the whole of the agreement between yourself and Varsity Academy in relation to use of and access to the Website, and no document or statement not mentioned above will form part of it. Only a written variation, waiver or cancellation agreed to by both parties will be of any effect
Assignment: These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted in these Terms, may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of Varsity Academy, but any rights and licenses granted in these Terms may be assigned by Varsity Academy without restriction.
No guarantee: Varsity Academy does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our service, as operation of our website may be interfered with as a result of a number of factors which are outside of our control.
Severability: In the event that any part of these Terms is found to be partially or fully unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be struck out from these Terms and the remaining provisions shall be enforced to the full extent of the law.
No Waiver of Varsity Academy’s rights: Varsity Academy’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not constitute a waiver of our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Terminology: The head notes to the paragraphs to the Terms are inserted for reference purposes only and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the provisions to which they relate. Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender shall include females and words importing persons shall include partnerships and corporate and unincorporated entities.
Hyperlinks: In these Terms there may be hyperlinks to certain documents, these documents should be deemed part of these Terms, the fact that some or all of the hyperlinks may be non-operational will not play a role in determination of the validity and interpretation of these Terms.